25.5.11

"Why do memories fade?"

What?

"Why do people forget?"

Because they just do. Humans are geared to be so.

"But I just don't get it. How can someone wake up in the morning and decides to forget something that used to fill his life with ultimate despair or joy?"

You know it's not like that. People don't choose to forget. It's not their -our- decision; it's just how they -we- function.

"Some people choose to remember; they remember everything."

Well, those people are cursed.

"Cursed? To me, they have been blessed with the power of memory, the ability to record every second in your life and -"

-Suffer because of it.

"They don't suffer. They couldn't have. How can you suffer when you can conjure up any beautiful memory that you have-"

-And your pain, your scars, your worst nightmares.

"..."

...

"At least they can write about them,"

What?

"At least, they can recall how they felt like; the excruciating, painful moments; the euphoria of the impossible lightness; the density of the awkwardness-"

What the hell are you talking about?

"At least they can recall and write about it! I-I forgot how pain felt, so I can't describe them to make other people feel the exact same. I forgot the satisfaction that a smile radiates. I forgot every fucking thing; I even forgot how to write!"

...

"How can I write, if I don't know how,"

You know how.

"Goddamn how?"

Live.